E064 is indicated on the control panel. The error description is: The presence of a high voltage error is communicated by the composite power supply. The output for primary charging, developing, or transfer has deviated from a specific level of voltage.
* Adjustments in Service Mode are Incorrect
* Transport Assembly is Not Engaging Properly
* Dirty HVT Contacts for Developing Assembly and Charging Rollers
* A Paper Clip on HVT Contacts or Developing Assembly
* Faulty Transfer Roller
* Faulty Static Charge Eliminator
* Defective Composite Power Supply
* Defective DC Controller PCB Assembly
1. Check the values in Service Mode and make sure they correspond to the Service
Label. If the copier receives a spike or surge through the 240V line these values
can change (can also give you blank copies). Take particular note of the Dev Bias
setting. [COPIER > ADJUST > DEVELOP > DE-DC]
2. Make sure the Transport Assembly is engaging properly. The Transfer Roller should
make good contact with the drum. Check condition of screw (XB6-7501-007) and
Pressure Plates (FB5-4816-000 & FB5-4817-000) for the Transport Assembly.
3. Clean HVT contacts for Primary/ Transfer Charging Rollers and Developing
Assembly. Inspect for any paper clips.
4. Replace the Transfer Roller (FF6-0104-000).
5. Replace the Static Charge Eliminator (FF5-7246-000).
6. Replace Composite Power Supply followed by DC Controller PCB Assembly.