GENERIC “S” SERIES RESET CODE.
This reset is an emailed submission. But the person who sent it in requested their name to be withheld.
This reset is for the S series printers. This does look like the same reset for the S9000 but has a little more detail.
Waste Ink Counter Reset.
(1) Turn off the printer.
(2) Press and hold the RESUME button, then press and hold the POWER button.
(3) Release the RESUME button, Next press and release the RESUME button two(2) more times in succession. Note:
you are still holding the POWER button). The printer's carriage will “reset" or move momentarily.
If the above was properly performed the printer will enter the "Service Mode".
(4) Press the RESUME button 4 times, this will select the clear waste ink counter function. The lamp will alternate (change) color with each key press.
1. Service/Factory test printout, including ink sensor check.
2. EEPROM - Info printout.
3. EEPROM – Initialization.
4. Reset the Waste ink counter.
5. Printer model setting. (More selections beyond this point – However it is best leave them unaltered – You have been warned!)
After selecting the desired mode (eg 4), press the POWER button to "set" the change, and return to the top of the
function selection menu. Press the POWER button again to restart the printer.